Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Online Memberships?

We all know about membership clubs like Sam's and Costco. Now there are a handful of online membership websites. Are you a member of any? I have seen Thrive Market show up here and there recently, so I decided to place a trial order. I received $15 off my first order (the discount was in the email I received after I joined) and free shipping for spending over $49 (before the discount!). It wasn't a large order, but I just wanted to try it out. I buy most things on sale anyway, so I need to do a little more sleuthing to see if the prices are that much cheaper even with the annual membership fee of $59.95. Their claim:

At average discounts of 35% to retail, with just $110 worth of purchases on Thrive Market, you will have made back your initial membership fee. That means that if you’re an average American family of four, buying just 25% of your monthly groceries at Thrive Market will pay back your membership fee in under one month. Just as importantly, your paid membership will sponsor a free annual membership for a low-income family. That’s free access for an entire year to healthy, wholesome products at prices lower than their highly-processed, unhealthy alternatives.

Some of the food products we buy are on there. We currently are on a free trial membership til mid-August so I will have to decide by then if it's worth keeping. Any other subscription style online shops you frequent?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*If you're interested in trying it out, here's a code that will get both of us discounts: http://thrv.me/KQc4Yy
** Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Thrive, nor do I receive benefits from them for posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment