Friday, August 28, 2015

Fall Vegetable Gardening

While we have grown summer vegetables for several years, we haven't ever planted a fall garden. This year, it's on the agenda. I'm in the process of researching how to go from late summer blooms to early fall seedlings. I don't want to get rid of everything yet but I will need to start seeds for fall vegetables soon! 

I still have peppers, some sort of squash plant (that has flowered but has not produced fruit yet...), very few green tomatoes, string beans, and herbs growing. The melons are dead. The zucchini and yellow squash plants died before giving us anything we could eat. And the cucumber plants have pretty much shriveled up. 

On my list for a fall garden are Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, beets, carrots, and different lettuce varieties. I need to start sowing seeds soon for an October harvest! 

Have you ever grown vegetables in the fall? What's on your fall gardening to-do list? Share tips and tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment