Monday, December 28, 2015

Back on the Wagon

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoyed a weekend filled with joyful times and love.

I don't know about anyone else, but my body is screaming for me to get back to better nutrition. The amount of junk I have consumed over the past 5+ days is completely cringe-worthy. I had my last bite of leftover dessert yesterday. We still have a half a pecan pie left on the counter so I'm going to have to exercise some serious willpower. (Does anyone else's family overdo the desserts for holiday dinners? More on that later…)

This morning, I woke up ready to start fresh. It's not January 1st yet but there is no harm in starting a few days early! I resolve to eat wholesome foods and exercise regularly (because did I mention there hasn't been much of that, either?!) and get my body to like me again. 

Two meals in, and we are doing well. Baby steps, right? Breakfast consisted of coffee (duh), sprouted cinnamon raisin bread, and almond butter. Lunch was avocado toast with a squeeze of lemon, and cucumber and red pepper slices. 

And lucky for me (said with sarcasm), the weather is looking dreary again this week (read: no running), so the girls and I will be putting some On Demand or old exercise DVDs to use. They need to get some energy out as much as I need to get moving! Who's with me?

How do you feel after the holidays? Did you let yourself indulge or did you abstain from overdoing it? Join me in a fresh start so that by the time January 1st comes around, you already feel better! It's amazing what even just a few days of healthy living will do.


No comments:

Post a Comment