Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekly Meal Planning for January 17-23

I'm throwing together a meal plan this week. Other than a meeting Tuesday evening, it should be pretty low key, so I'm trying a couple of new recipes. Emerson has been asking about sweet n sour chicken for a while, so I am modifying a couple of recipes to try a non-fried version. I'm getting beets and broccoli in the farm box so we will just roast those. I received a new cookbook for Christmas (Meals Made Simple), and am going to make the soup from it. I don't often cook pork but am trying to incorporate more variety in our protein offerings, so I'm going to try a new pork recipe this week, depending on what looks better at the farmers market - tenderloin or chops.

Sunday: sautéed chicken with bell peppers, carrots, onions and pineapple over quinoa 
Monday: shrimp scampi zoodles
Wednesday: pork tenderloin or pork chops, roasted broccoli, mashed rutabaga, green salad 
Thursday: leftover pork, cauliflower gratin, green salad 
Friday: not sure yet, maybe something with leftover pork if there is any
Saturday: Girl Scout camping 

No comments:

Post a Comment