Thursday, January 5, 2017

Weekly Meal Planning Jan 1-14

Happy New Year! This week started off with a bang at a traditional middle eastern New Year's Day dinner at a family friend's house...and then turned the wrong way with a stomach bug hitting our house a day later. But thank goodness for leftovers! We had enough food for dinner for two more nights (and lunches). Phew! So the meal plan started Wednesday. Kids started back to school Thursday, and they don't have any activities this week, so we can still take it easy and start back slowly. Oh and there is a forecast for S-N-O-W on Friday evening so I'm throwing chili on the menu. ;-)

While I'm here, and since it's already (past) midweek, I'm working on next week's plan too. I asked my kids for input and they gave me a slew of ideas. So I'm scattering them throughout the next couple of weeks.

Wednesday: veggie lasagna
Thursday: chicken with pineapple, broccoli, bell peppers, and carrots
Friday: steak chili
Saturday: 100 Days of Real Food's creamy mac and peas
Sunday: out for my birthday
Monday: broccoli cheese potato soup  
Tuesday: greek tacos with tomato/cucumber salad, roasted potatoes
Wednesday: beef stroganoff
Thursday: mezzo dinner (haloumi, green salad, kefir spread, pitas)
Friday: salmon with red wine, baked potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts
Saturday: at FIL's house

No comments:

Post a Comment