Sunday, May 10, 2015

Simple Meals


As mentioned in a previous post, I have some hot meals that are super easy and quick to make. If I'm running out of time and I need to whip something up in a hurry, I turn to one of these.

1 - Breakfast for dinner
This is the one we turn to most. It's simple, it's made from fresh foods, and it's delicious. We usually make "super" eggs (what my kids call scrambled eggs with spinach or kale), or dipping eggs, which are fried eggs that they then dip bread into. Toss some fruit on the side and some raw veggies to munch on while the eggs are cooking, and there's your meal. You'll need eggs, spinach/kale, butter to cook the eggs in, milk (optional), and fruit!

2 - Boxed mac n cheese and peas
I have a box of organic macaroni and cheese to make every once in a while when I'm really strapped for time and ideas. I always keep a bag of peas in the freezer and mix them into the mac n cheese. Aside from the box and peas, you need some butter and milk for this.

3 - Tortellini and steamed veggies
I also keep a package of tortellini (and assorted veggies) in the freezer for a super quick meal. 

Lastly, the "picnic" dinner is also a quick one. It's not a hot meal and I don't do this as much because my kids generally eat lunches like this at school. But it happens more in the summertime when we are headed to the neighborhood pool/playground for some evening swim time. This can include many different options which are in a separate post about packed lunches.

ETA: I just came across this list of easy ten minute meals and it's a good compilation! http://www.superhealthykids.com/top-10-ideas-for-10-minute-dinners/






2 comments:

  1. Those meal ideas in your link make up 90% of our dinners. I need to remember BFD (breakfast for dinner) more often. We all love it and it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BFD is always a treat around here!

    ReplyDelete